In Retrospect

Last Friday marked the end of our temporary contract with Dato' Saifuddin Abdullah, our employer for the whole of last week. It ended with a visit to Temerloh for his regular meetings with the community in Mentakab. And also a mini feast of ikan patin and mamam. Yum yum (haha).

Yesterday, I attended the Bon Odori Festival, my first time ever since its 32 years of existence in Malaysia. I was flabbergasted by the attendees which made up a crowd consisting thousands of people. There were many girls wearing kimono and the guys donning their yukatas, although I found it rather difficult to differentiate the real Japanese people and the rest of the population. Some were quite obvious, don't get me wrong. It was a great exeperience on the whole.

Today is the last day that I will be spending at home. So let's go back in restrospect to see the accomplishments I have achieved and the misses. Hmm. This has alwasy been a sad question to me. The answer has never been glorious, or something that I can be proud of. But whatever. In a few moments later, I will be visiting Afia in Raub, together with the whole family, plus K. Long. She's staying over for the weekends, said she's bored to death at UiTM.

I will try to, you know, keep a detailed account of everything that happened throughout the holidays, but let's see if we have the time.

Okay. Ciao.

0 comments: