Erk. I think I caught a flu. This is bad.
Declare this an emergency!

Owh, finally Tiger and I managed to finish the video for IAW. I guess we'll hand it in later.
I know that we have been receiving mixed responses regarding our works. Some are full of praises saying that we dare to be different and creative and all, while others may be a bit sceptical with our direction. Some even took it to an extreme, claiming that we don't deserve to use the name Garnet House in our videos (Minggu Citra Budaya was a good example). Don't get me wrong, I do admit that some of these claims are indeed valid. Yes, we do admit that most of our videos did not involve the participation of Garnet girls. Yes, most of the times we did not consult others for brainstorming and ideas. Our bad, we admit. We promise to rectify these mistakes in the future.

However, to say that our MCB video is crappy and laughable is something that we cannot accept.

"Yes, we appreciate the effort, but I don't think people are gonna watch it."


That was one comment I received which I can never forget. It's not just a video about a box wandering around the college ground you know! There are subtle messages that we wish to convey through the video. Some people who truly understood the video find it very entertaining (ade je yg suke the video because the box is kinda cute), but what about those who don't get the idea? If there's one thing that we can see in KYUEM audience, it has to be their inclination to cheap laughs in videos. I'm sorry, but some of you must have the same view as me. I mean, it is absolutely fine to make videos which are comedic and funny, but please make it intelligent! I really don't mind if you include all the hottest guys and girls in college in the video so that it'll be more appealing to the viewers, tp don't la make it an embarassment. Erk.

One thing that I've learnt from the experiences we have in making videos is that we make videos to educate, not just to win the first prize. Hm..(words of a loser huh?:P)

0 comments: