The Little Things

A great friend of mine sent me a poem last Tuesday.
It is of her own writing.
"The Little Things", the title read.
I was planning to post it here, but after giving it a thought,
I decided not to. It was meant for me, after all.
Plus, it'll be more special that way.

It is a simple poem.
No heavy applications of
paraphrasing,
anaphora,
repetition,
or enumeration.
Just words to convey the messages,
and clearly they were projected before me.

It struck me.
Sometimes we are too busy doing things we do,
too occupied with tasks and jobs
that we tend not to notice
the little things that have actually
done wonders to our life
and making it more meaningful to live in.

We are too enraptured
in chasing dreams
and fulfilling needs
to notice the details in the fabric.

Because sometimes
little things give us away.




Thanks for making me realise:)

0 comments: