Last Monday Night

So Monday was awesome. Six of us - Nea, Ei-Jean, Aainaa, Faris, Shahir, and me went for berbuka puasa at KGSAAS. Yes, Shah Alam, I know. What a great location to have an outing with friends. The food was nice, although I must admit that some of us were expecting more. Don't get me wrong, we were actually very grateful that someone was kind enough to foot the bill for us. So thanks a lot, we really appreciated it (you know who you are=). After berbuka, Shahir suggested an activity -firecrackers and bunga api. So off we went to a lake nearby the PKNS building to relive our childhood memories, well at least in my case. Personally, I'm not a big fan of firecrackers and bunga api, partly because of the fear that I may not sleep at night in one piece anymore, and partly because of this one story in which I was very much involved in.

It happened when I was in Form 1. Well, if you're wondering, this story has nothing to do with me getting involved in an accident where I lose three of my fingers in an explosion caused by home-made firecrackers or anything of the sort. Now let's keep this simple. It was the 2nd day of Raya and I was in my grandmother's house in Ipoh. We stayed there for a couple of days. My cousins and I had a great time doing things relatives normally do everytime they meet during festive seasons. It was just great. So one afternoon, one of my cousins asked me out to get some supplies of firecrackers at a stall nearby. I agreed, and we both went there together. He must have collected a lot of duit raya beforehand, because that afternoon he was shopping like mad. I didn't say anything that moment- as long as it's his treat, I'm game. Plus, it's not that I will ever buy them using my own money anyway. It's like burning your own money.

Later that night, after the family barbeque, we burnt every single firecracker we bought at the stall. Took us hours to finish the whole pile. I just tagged along. After all, it was his money, remember? I thought I had the last laugh.

So the following day, when my family was busy packing and preparing our stuff before we headed back to Kemaman, I noticed something amiss. My duit raya was gone. The whole bunch of it. Little did I know that it was my cousin who took it while I wasn't paying attention that afternoon, using them to buy firecrackers for us to enjoy that night. Let's just skip the part where I found out that he was the one who did it. Trust me, I had no idea he would do such a thing. I thought that I must've misplaced it somewhere and the thought of the money being stolen by my own cousin never crossed my mind. Sounds like betrayal to me. Well, in the end, he confessed to one of my aunties of his crime. I was indeed betrayed.

I still had the last laugh, but I figured it was not that funny anymore.
That's just sad, ain't it? But it was ages ago, and we're now in good terms. I guess.

That's why I don't fancy them that much. Anyways, it was really fun hanging out by the lake. Thanks Aainaa for saving the day by bringing the camera along:)
But um, I must point out that it didn't really feel like Ramadhan when we went out that night:P



0 comments: