Unearthed!

So nothing really interesting happened today. Instead of following the usual routine of going out on Sunday, I spent the whole day rearranging stuff in my room and while doing so, I took the effort to clean it up as well. It's not that it needs a lot of cleaning up since it's already in the list of things that I regularly do. Religiously, in fact. Hehe. So yeah, this is how it looks after the mini mountain of unwanted stuffs that used to live here made its exit from my room. Bukan banyak beza pun. Memang dah bersih dari dulu:PPemandangan normal di bilik saya. Serius.

They say hard work will pay off eventually. Or something like that. Well, in my case, this is indeed true. However, the reward for my effort came in a less conventional form. Guess what I found hidden in the cupboard for years? This!

Haha. Who are these bunch of children in red pants? Kanak-kanak Tadika Seri Budi Kemaman! This picture was taken in 1995. The third from left is Shah and the second (standing) from right is Kamarul. We were best friends back then. Very very close. But I'm not sure if we still are now.


My classmates.

The tadika that I went to used to organise a lot of activities which obviously require the kids to participate in. In this picture, we were performing a song which I couldn't remember the title. It was Graduation Day I think. Or something similar. That night, we became cowboys, dancing tribesmen and also not-so-accomplished junior bodybuilders. I can't show you the pictures because they are not so, um, 'appropriate' :D

Curious, I dug up all the albums that I've abandoned in the cupboard for years and found more and more pictures of my former self. Haha.

Like this, for instance.

Anyway, during my primary school years, I used to sign up for various kinds of co-curricular activities. Some were voluntary, like these.

Pengakap Muda! My earliest memories of sleeping in a tent, getting ambushed by gangs of mosquitos at night, marching in the sun, listening to ghost stories by the campfire, and everything else in between. Best gile.This was taken in 2000 I guess, during Perkhemahan Pengakap Sekolah-Sekolah Rendah Terengganu in Kerteh. Poyo je.

Haha. Zharif botak.

The group from Sek Keb Sultan Ismail, Kemaman.

Abu Ahnaf. See, I still remember his name.

And Tae Kwon Do too.

I received my yellow belt when I was in Standard Two.

And red/black tip when I was in Standard Six. I'm stuck in the same belt ever since.

On a different note, this is an example of the activities which I didn't really want to sign up for. But I did, involuntarily.

Me, Kamarul and a girl. Impiana Cherating, I think.

Swimming classes! Sounds fun, I know, but I couldn't think of any fun moments back then. Every class that I attended was like a prison sentence in disguise. Haha. I used to hate the swimming instructor very very much. He would take off his metal watch and throw it in the middle of the pool and ask us to bring it back to him. If you plan to make an excuse (because the thought of drowning scares the hell out of you), he'll simply answer by dipping your head into the water and push you to the middle of the pool. You're on your own, buddy boy! Does it sound fun to you? Almost every session I would struggle to live for another day (because of his stupid metal watch) and at times when I felt that I had reached my limit, I would scream out for help from those who would listen. Haha bodo je.

I knew I should've just played dead instead.

The Blueshirts.

Standard Five. Jamuan kelas 2000.

From left, back: Afifah Hidayah, Liyana Nabilah, Nadia Donut kot (haha oops), Haziq Muzir, Zharif, Sakinah. Front row, from left: Lupe, Lupe, Lupe, Ain Mohammed, Siti Khairunnisa, Afiq Azri, Kamarul, lupe, Anwar Hakim.

Call me sentimental, but seriously, it's great to relive those wonderful moments of childhood years every once in a while. If only digital cameras were already in stores back then, I bet thousands of pictures could have been taken. Senang sket. Actually, there are loads more that I could show you here, but maybe I'll just save them for later.


So yeah, my reward for staying at home and cleaning up my room for the whole of Sunday came in the form of nostalgic stories to reminisce upon. And here I am, sharing them with you.

What's your story?

1 comments:

The Chatty Me said...

i was googling tadika seri budi, and brought to your blog.. my son goes to the school - they don't have fancy uniforms, neither concerts etc.. but, great fun to read your blog. kudos.