Tuesday, 16 September

A fellow blogger who does not wish her site to be found, Lili, shared her thoughts about my blog yesterday. She said that it's a cool blog, but sometimes it's scarce on materials. Haha. I know. I've not been inspired lately. Nothing that interesting to write about. I don't do gossips, if that is what you're suggesting.

Just so you know, I'm currently involved in a drama production. Yep, the one entitled Hamlet which will be held this Thursday at 9pm. I don't even know how I ended up in the team to begin with. Obviously I did not volunteer nor attend the audition. I wasn't that excited and overjoyed, instead it was quite the opposite - I kinda hated the fact that I'm actually in it.

Owh, let me make myself clear - I'm not acting, although I must admit that the last time I played a role on stage was during the Shakespearean Night back when I was in Form 4 (menang Best Actor kot. haha. maybe xde org lain yg lagi eligible to accept the award). Anyways...no, I'm not acting. I'm just the stage managers alongside Faris and Nonel. So in the beginning, when we attended the first few practices, it was...lemme just put it this way - not quite a good first impression? We regretted the fact that we're in the production even more. At least, when the play is on this Thursday evening, me and Faris will be backstage, covering our faces and denying our affiliation with the drama.

But soon I realised that we're all there for a reason and that we have responsibilities to carry. We didn't do much really. Lepak2. Borak2. In fact, it's Mr Hanson who has been doing most of the stuff with the props and all. So tu la, it's not that nice of you to to be a free rider when other people are doing their jobs, don't you think?

So we began doing our parts in the play.
Preparing the props before the start ofevery rehearsal.
Kemas2 the props after the end of every rehearsal.
Tolong sket2 here and there.
I still don't enjoy it though.
But a stage manager's gotta do what he's gotta do.
Right?

0 comments: