Summing It Up

I realised that this blog had been in abandonment for quite some time now. Well, it was not updated for almost a month, until this afternoon when I finally managed to muster my strength and start writing again. There are a few things that I failed to mention earlier, so I guess now let's make some space for this entry. It's a bit too late, I know, but whatever.

First of all, my Cambridge appplication. Alas, the wait was finally over. And it ended with me drowning to death in the freezing cold pool. My application is unsuccessful. Why did you make me wait for sooo looong that I began to have a little bit of faith and confidence in myself when you finally broke the news, Cambridge? Why? Quoting Kanye West, "How could you be so heartless?" Now I understand why sometimes no news is actually good news. So I got rejected, fine. I can live with that. But why did the news have to come on the same day the AS results were announced? Memang sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga la. And if you're wondering, yes, my results are not pretty.

I have yet to decide on my university choices, but most probably Exeter will be one of the options.

And the last 30th of January was my sister's birthday. And to keep up with the current trend, we celebrated the special day with cupcakes, just like everybody else does these days. Kan Nabila? Cute, colourful cupcakes. Happy birthday Afia! You're already 14 yo.

That day in History class, we were given a chance to become Mao Zedong's representatives to discuss about several issues with Khrushchev's associates. It was undoubtedly one of the most interesting classes with Ms Daleen so far. Do you know that Mr Mao never brushed his teeth? And rumour has it that he was a womanizer. Ah, I wonder if the habit did wonders to his charm. Perhaps it creates some sort of seductive aroma which attracts the opposite sex, I assume.

Last but not least, PGL the Musical was awesome. Nabila and I agreed that although it was a great performance altogether, it lacked a vital part - Asmaradana! Haih we were anticipating it thoroughout the show until it unexpectedly came to an end. Actually we were ten minutes late due to the sudden traffic jam and the cabbie, who was an aging Malaccan man, kept cursing every once in a while. This was so so unlike what Gusti Putri Ajeng Retno Dumilah said in one of her lines, "Orang Melaka sangat sopan santun sekali ya." Haha.

I'm all set for another record breaking run by van der Sar and the rest of Manchester United players tonight when they head to East London for a match against West Ham. Glory glory Man United!

0 comments: